The Manjaro ARM project announced the second BETA release of Plasma-Mobile for the PinePhone. This image uses kernel 5.10.7 optimized for the Pinephone (megi 10).
Since the first beta release in December, many important bugs have been fixed, namely connection and connectivity stability for all operators.
- Wakeup from standby somtimes takes more than one press of the power button.
- Camera image in megapixels camera app currently doesn’t properly rotate to landscape with the app window.
- Screen sometimes fails to wakeup when receiving a call.
- Keyboard sometimes doesn’t slide down completely.
- The kernel currently used for the Pinephone allows charging of the battery only to about 80% capacity as a security measure to prevent overheating.
How to install
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the image to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The preconfigured users are: