Manjaro developers announced the release of a new version of Manjaro ARM Beta2 with Plasma-Mobile for PinePhone. This image uses kernel 5.10.7 optimized for the Pinephone (megi 30)
The new desktop version features KDE Frameworks 5.78.0, snapshots of Plasma 5.20.5 and latest versions of plasma-mobile- and mauikit-apps in our dedicated
[mobile] overlay repo.
Preinstalled apps include basically everything you expect from your typical smartphone, including a torch, camera app megapixels and many applications familiar from a plasma desktop.
- Wakeup from standby somtimes takes more than one press of the power button.
- Camera image in megapixels camera app currently doesn’t properly rotate to landscape with the app window.
- Screen sometimes fails to wakeup when receiving a call.
- Keyboard sometimes doesn’t slide down completely.
- The kernel currently used for the Pinephone allows charging of the battery only to about 80% capacity as a security measure to prevent overheating.
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the image to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The preconfigured users are: