The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce our first BETA release for the PinePhone running Phosh!
This image are running the 5.7 kernel from gitlab.com/pine64-org/linux, which is designed for the PinePhone.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus
- Auto-Rotate function we had to remove
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps with working GPS
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-unstable. This can be changed by editing
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
Changes since Alpha4
- calls is now able to dial local network numbers incl. service numbers
- Gnome got updated to 3.38 release series
- We added Gnome-Authenticator
- Most apps got ported to libhandy1
- Megapixels gained autofocus feature
- Squeekboard supports now emojs
- update your system to the latest kernel to fix bluetooth bleeding tooth issue
- it may take longer to wake up from deep-sleep mode when a call is incoming. Most of the time that call will vibrate only.
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.