The Manjaro development team has just announced the release of Manjaro ARM 21.04. Currently we have download images for: Raspberry Pi 4, Rock Pi 4C, RockPro64, Khadas Vim 2, Khadas Vim 3, Odroid N2, Pinebook and the Pinebook Pro.
New application for flashing images
Manjaro developers have prepared a new GUI application to make it easier for users to flash Manjaro ARM image to SD card or eMMC card.
manjaro-arm-flasher and launch the app “Manjaro ARM Flasher” from your menu. This will download and flash the image of your choice.
You can also manually run the application (if you are not running Manjaro ARM) by downloading this python script, make it executable with
chmod +x manjaro-arm-flasher and then run it with
sudo ./manjaro-arm-flasher. It requires
python-blkinfo 0.1.3 to be installed, which can be installed with
pip install blkinfo.
First Time setup
This release sports the First Time setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout (except on pinebook, that is fixed to us layout)
- additional user groups (optional)
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
- New packages from upstream and Manjaro ARM.
- XFCE 4.16
- KDE Plasma 5.21
- The Pinebook Pro got DP altmode support back, thanks to Ayufan for putting together working hacky patches for that.
- The Odroid N2 images also work on the Odroid N2+.
- Now uses Plymouth as default splash.
- No audio cards on Roc-CC.
Tips and Tricks:
Smoothness on Raspberry Pi 3 devices:
To get a smoother experience on your Raspberry Pi 3 device, while running the Raspberry Pi 4 image do this:
/boot/config.txtand comment out
- Save the file and reboot.
- Khadas Vim 2 (maintained by @spikerguy)
- Khadas Vim 3 (maintained by @spikerguy)
- Odroid N2
- Pinebook Pro
- Raspberry Pi 4 (tested on Model B, Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 400) (maintained by @darksky)
- Rock Pi 4C (maintained by @spikerguy)
With Manjaro ARM Installer (in addition to the above devices): (Download it here)
- Khadas Vim 1
- Khadas Edge-V Pro
- LibreComputer ROC-RK3328-CC
- NanoPC T4
- Odroid C2
- Odroid C4
- Odroid N2+
- Rock Pi 4B